by Laura Bari
Feature length documentary
PRIMAS is an evocative portrait of two cousins, Rocío and Aldana, Argentinian teenagers who, in the wake of heinous acts of violence that interrupted their childhoods, will free themselves from the shadows of their past.
Traveling in Argentina and Montreal the girls come of age having revelatory experiences in their everyday lives; learning dance, mime, theatre, circus and visual arts. They express through their bodies what only their imagination, their unique perspective and their unshakable resilience can reveal.
Screenwriting and directing : Laura Bari
DOP : Laura Bari, Glauco Bermudez
Editing : Laura Bari
Sound Design : Andreas Mendritzki
Mix : Stephane Bergeron
Music : Florencia di Concilio, Marco Liy
Sound recording : Mauro Franzen & Simon Plouffe
Production : Greenground Productions and BesoFilms
PRICES AND AWARDS
- Rencontres Internationales du Documentaire à Montréal (RIDM), 2017. Special Mention, Best Canadian Feature Film.
- Festival international de cinéma de Mar del Plata, 2017. People's Choice award.
- Festival international de film indépendant !F Istanbul. Love & Change Jury Prize.
- Hot Docs, 2018. People's Choice award.
- DOXA Vancouver. Grand Prize.
- ONE WORLD Prague. Special Jury Prize.
- GRABA FF. People's Choice award.
- MILLENIUM FF Bruxelles. Special Jury Prize.